Setting the value of the type variable in the underlying form bean should work.
Does for me.

cheers,

Dave

"Mannem, Taati" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/16/2002
04:51:42 PM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: David Hay/Lex/Lexmark)
Subject:  RE: REg Select(Repost)

Sorry Guys,
     I missed some points.. The actual scenario is like this
There is a form which has to be displayed with the options ..(value and the
label) Now the databases sends me tthe value.How do i display the value
chosen.Foexample I render the
     labelProperty="label"/>

select list box using this tag and as explained by MArk ad jim.. after this
supposing I have to show the cosen value as 2003 how do I do that. I tried
by setting the type by set type but but is not working
Here typelist is a collection which dislays the year which is again an
arraylist sent to me by the database.It alsos ends me the option value.How
do i set it so that it is shown correctly in the page.
I am lost!

Regards,
Taati