Looks like your having issues with the WLS classloader architecture. There
are a few things that you need to do to get third party class files to be
found by the classloader for a web app.

Here's a great article on some of the newer classloader architectures. It
has some specific material on WebLogic 6.1 SP2.  Read the wls material here
and it should help you resolve the issue.

     http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=ClassLoading

Also - did you put the line in Manfest.mf file identifying the commons jar
file?  Here's another on article on classloaders publshed on the O"Reilly
network by a member of BEA's technical staff. If describes the Class-Path
attribute for manifest files.

     http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/07/25/ejb.html?page=1

This looks a lot like a bea classloader issue - make sue you've got your war/ear
defined correctly and the manafest file with the correct "Class-Path"
 entries.

FWIW -
Kevin

Ren Bitonio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/17/2002 02:48:02 PM

      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc:    (bcc: Kevin Bedell/Systems/USHO/SunLife)
Subject:  Getting Struts 1.1 beta to work with WLS6.1 SP2: commons-logging'
      s ClassNotFoundException

Hello All:

There have been no responses to my initial request below, and I'd
appreciate
much if I could get some assistance.  I've read past postings that comes
close to my issue, but not useful information.  Sorry for re-posting, but I
need to find a way around this problem.

I have an already working Struts running on Bea's WLS61 and IBM's WAS40,
and
I'd like to use at least the milestone build Struts 1.1 beta 1, but I'm
getting "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl" upon startup of my webapp.
More info below.

I've recompiled and reassembled the web-apps with the the Struts 1.1
libraries, aand I also have commons-logging.jar in my webapp's classpath,
but it does not help.  I've deployed the web-apps that came with the Struts
1.1 beta distribution, and they're fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ren