Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Craig R. McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Role Change

Many of you have probably noticed that my level of CVS commits to Tomcat
has been reduced over the last few weeks.  Primarily, this is because I
have undertaken two new responsibilities at Sun:

* Web Layer Architect for the J2EE Platform

* Spec Lead for JavaServer Faces (JSR-127)

In my architect role, I will be watching over how all of the web-layer
technologies (including servlet and JSP) fit together into an integrated
whole.  As spec lead, I have the usual responsibilities of coordinating
the expert group that is creating version 1.0 of JavaServer Faces.  As you
can imagine, this combination of tasks is not going to leave me a lot of
time to work on Tomcat code ...

You will continue to see Remy and Kin-Man doing the great jobs they have
started in helping to bring Tomcat 4.1 to completion (and Remy's
additional willingness to play release manager), along with the valuable
efforts of everyone else who is contributing to Tomcat's successful
development.  I'm confident that the continued development of an
incredibly popular servlet and JSP container is in good hands.

Craig McClanahan