Hi Matthias,

what do you mean when you say "better way"? The actions are defined by
your design and so optimally any actions that are done repeatedly should
be coded modularly so you don't repeat the same code in different places.

However your checkLogin might not need to be a whole action -  the
checkLogin in my current application is a method on a my first action
subclass, which has other utility type methods as well. All my real
action classes subclass this subclass, and overwrite a performChild()
method, which the first subclass class from perform(), after executing
checkLogin()

Most of my actions end up being two actions - one to process the
incoming data, and one to get more data and display it, so I normally
have two actions in my flow of control.

Adam