I've written a shopping cart/checkout app using Tomcat & Struts. The very
last action (the "place order" action), if successful, forwards to a JSP
showing an order confirmation and a thank you message.

After that page is returned to the client, I'd like to reset the user's
session state, so that if they proceed to add something new to their cart,
it will be an empty cart from which they start.

The problem is, I need that session state in order to display the
confirmation JSP. I suppose I could create a tag (or execute a scriptlet) in
the JSP, but I wondered if there were not a better way.

TIA,

--
Rick