Before you ask, yes I have serched the archive for answers ;-)

My problem is this:  I have a page that displays the results of a database inquiry
using a custom tag.  The user selects one of the displayed entries using a radio
button and the selected information gets sent to another action (this works OK.)  That
action uses that information in a new select statement and creates a new form bean,
populates it, puts it into the session, and sends it all back out to a new JSP (AFAIK
this works OK but I haven't been able to verify.)  The idea is that that JSP will
explode the bean displaying the results in a prepopulated form that can then be edited
and submitted.

My problem is getting the information out of the populated form bean.  I am populated
it and putting it into the session myself within the action. I have tried all combos
of <bean:write> and <html:text> I can think of in the JSP.  If I try to use
value="formBeanName.propertyName"  then the actual text ("formBeanName.propertyName")
gets displayed, not the value in the property.

My action for this JSP is defined in struts-config as:
*******************************
<action   path="/editquestions"
              type="survey.EditQuestionsAction"
              name="editQuestionsForm"
              scope="request"
              input="/editquestions.jsp">
     <forward name="success"              path="/editquestions.jsp"/>
</action>
*******************************

I realize that the forward path will need to change.

my form bean is defined as:
*******************************
    <form-bean      name="editQuestionsForm"
                    type="survey.EditQuestionsForm"/>
*******************************

And in the JSP the lates I have tried is:
editQuestionsForm.getSurveyId() %> >

Any help/advice/pointers to resources would be appreciated.  Even if pointers to
specific messages on the list.  I searched the archive using "prepoulated forms" among
others.

Thank you

David
Struts Newbie