-----Original Message-----

This:

<logic:equal name="orderObj" property="orderStatus" value="On Hold">
disabled="false">
                 </logic:equal>
                <logic:notEqual name="orderObj" property="orderStatus"
value="On Hold">
disabled="true">
                 </logic:notEqual>
                        <bean:write name="orderObj" property="orderID"
filter="true"/>

gives:

InsertTag:doEndTag caught:
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: /orders/cancelselect.jsp(41,16)
Unterminated user-defined tag: ending
tag &lt;/logic:notEqual&gt; not found or incorrectly nested

Seems to me like that should work. But fortunately this does work:

<logic:equal name="orderObj" property="orderStatus" value="On Hold">
disabled="false">
                        <bean:write name="orderObj" property="orderID"
filter="true"/>
                 </logic:equal>
                <logic:notEqual name="orderObj" property="orderStatus"
value="On Hold">
disabled="true">
                        <bean:write name="orderObj" property="orderID"
filter="true"/>
                 </logic:notEqual>

Thanks for help.

(I'll come back to getting rid of the scriplet later.)