Hi,

I am fairly new to struts and have been reading Ted Husted's chp2 in
'Prof JSP Site Design' where  it says:

Page 44 The Action Form class :
' The framework assumes that you have created an ActionForm bean for
each input form required in your application. For every bean defined in
the struts-config.xml file, the framework does the following before
calling the perform() method of the Action class:

    It checks in the user's session for an instance of a bean of the
appropriate class, under the appropriate key. If there is no such bean
available under the session, a new one is automatically created and
added to the user's session.

...'

My question: Do both request scoped and session scoped form beans get
stored in the session? If so what is the significance of the scope
attribute in the action mapping?

Thanks
Joe