Yes, Struts tags are considered as "custom tags" by the compiler. In fact, all tags
except the ones starting by <jsp: > are custom tags.

  You have certainly put your <jsp:include ...> inside the body of a tag implementing
BodyTag interface (like the <iterate> tag). It is not possible to do a flush inside
such tag. <jsp:include ...> automatically do a
flush, so you can't use it here ;-(.

     Cedric