Well, if you are using a post Servlet 2.2 or later container, each web app gets its
own application space. You can not share references across apps, including session
data. You can probably use a "global" repository, like JNDI or something, if you need
to share across apps, but that would be very slow. There may be other ways as well,
such as a Context or something within the JVM. However, I am not completely clear with
your problem. Perhaps you can elaborate a bit more.