Yes, I tend to break apart large forms into a wizard-like series of pages.
Especially if one control depends on the selection of a prior one.

This will allow you better separate the steps involved in a process and
usually speeds up the response time (due to the reduced # of tags).

If you are being required to make "one large form" (this can happen when
product/project managers think that they are design/ui/workflow experts, but
don't worry too much because old analogy about "giving someone enough rope"
is a pretty good fit here), then be aware of the "costs" of not utilizing
the framework. (e.g. validation, field population, and more)

Anyway, hope that helps.

James Mitchell