Ok I may be missing something as I am brand new to struts. Why would we not
want to use the same mechanism for "getting" properties as we do for
"setting" properties? Why wouldn't the framework determine the type of the
source and call the appropriate converter in order to create the
appropriate string representation for display?

Thanks.

Keith Nielsen

                    Ted Husted

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    e.org>               cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Use of custom convertors

                    05/28/2002

                    10:23 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"

Personally, I'd do the conversions in the JavaBean and leave the tags
out of it.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am writing custom converters which BeanUtils will use to do conversions
> from request data to form bean. It appears however that on the return
path
> that none of the tags actually use BeanUtils, and as such my converter is
> only used in one direction. Is my understanding of this correct? If so
how
> do I avoid having to rip apart my nested beans in order to get right
> conversions on the subsequent generation of the next page.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Keith

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: <