Save mapping in session and go to login page:

session.setAttribute(REDIRECT_KEY, mapping);
return mapping.findForward("login");

In your login action, check if a mapping is in the session and go there:

ActionMapping redirectMapping =
    (ActionMapping) session.getAttribute(REDIRECT_KEY);
    if (redirectMapping != null) {
        session.removeAttribute(REDIRECT_KEY);
        return new ActionForward(redirectMapping.getInput());
    }

Reinhard

--
Reinhard Nägele