From: Vincent Aumont [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 12:47 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Global-Forwards Question

Have you tried:
<global-forwards>
                <forward name="thirdAction" path="/thirdAction.do" />
        </global-forwards>
or
<global-forwards>
                <forward name="thirdAction" path="/do/thirdAction" />
        </global-forwards>

-vincent.

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to use the mapping.findForward method to forward to another
> ActionServlet?  I have two ActionServlets that both need to forward to a
> third, common ActionServlet.  In my struts-config, I have the following
> line:
>
>         <global-forwards>
>                 <forward name="thirdAction" path="/thirdAction" />
>         </global-forwards>
>
> where 'thirdAction' is the common ActionServlet.  In both of the other two
> ActionServlet, I have
>
>         actionForward = mapping.findForward("thirdAction");
>         return actionForward;
>
> It doesn't seem as though the forward is happening as I never get into the
> 'thirdAction'.  Can this be done this way?
>
> Thanks!
>
> This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.

For additional commands, e-mail: