On Monday, June 3, 2002, 10:58:07 PM, Chuck Cavaness wrote:

CC> What I suggest is to look at the processPreprocess() method in the
CC> RequestProcessor and possibly override this to do your checks. It's called
CC> for every request and long before ActionForm's are populated and Action's
CC> are invoked. The default value is to return true, which allows request
CC> processing to continue. What I've done in the past is to override this,
CC> check the login, and possibly redirect the user to the login page. If the
CC> user's logged in, just return true to continue processing the request.

    Excellent idea. Thanks. You are right I wouldn't even want form
    validation to take place if they weren't logged in ( which would
    be allowed to happen if I only checked in the action ). I take it
    I'll have access to the session as well inside of
    RequestProcessor, because if I go this route I will also need to
    check for particular roles that will be stored in a UserBean put
    in the Session and possibly deny or grant access based on these
    roles.

--

Rick

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I wish I had a dollar for every time I spent a dollar, because then,
Yahoo!, I'd have all my money back."
  -Jack Handey