I'm running Tomcat 3.2.4 (unfortunate I know) and have been scouring
the web looking for some insight into how to get an application using
Struts 1.1 running successfully on it.  I've seen people have similar
problems using Web Logic regarding class-loading issues.

My specific issue is when the framework is initializing, the
container cannot seem to find the
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl class.  Tomcat
complains with a ClassNotFoundException.

I've tried removing the commons-logging.jar from my context and
placing it into Tomcat's lib directory with no success.

I've also tried running Struts 1.1 in Tomcat 4.x and have had
absolutely no problems.

Unfortunately for me, the problem is that in my work environment, I
don't particularly have a say as to which version of Tomcat will be
on the production servers, and for the time being I have to live with
v3.2.4.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.
If that suggestion happens to be, migrate to a newer version of
Tomcat, I'll have to regress to Struts 1.0.2 for now.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance and any information
you can provide.

Joe