First off, no need for the name attribute. If it's not working off the
same bean structure the other nested tags are, then use the original
<bean:define> tag using the name attribute to get to the separate bean.

Otherwise from face value the tag markup looks fine... you may want to
vary the name of the property to the id for clarity however.

Another point which may save you having issues, is that you can use the
"property" property like a directory structure with relative and
absolute references...

Check this out for more informative info...

    ....The "The relative references and the "property" property" part...

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/taglib/nested/package-summary.html#doc.PropertyProperty

...with that you can just use the <bean:write> tag where you need it,
and use the absolute reference from the root of the bean to get to the
right spot.

Hope any of this helps in some way.

Arron.