Good luck! Your only solution is passing XML data.   ALL ASP and JSP
process on the server side in their own instances which are oblivious to
each other.   Thus session information cannot be shared.

Dan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/7/02 8:17:23 AM >>>
Hi All,

This is WAY off topic, but seeing that there are a couple of ex-ASPer's
on
the mailing list, I thought I'd throw this out and see if anyone can
point
me in the right direction.

The company I work for has several, somewhat autonomous, development
groups
doing web development.  Some (most) are using .ASP with either VB or
C++.
As part of my role, I have been tasked with developing a framework that
can
take all of our current websites and integrate them under a single
'look and
feel' - including implementing a 'single sign-on' function.  Obviously
chose JAVA and JSP with struts or I wouldn't be here.  Anyway, I've got
the
authentication/authorization piece working, and can generate custom nav
bars
by user based on a persistent profile stored in an Oracle database.  As
long
as the applications that I link to are Java/JSP based, I can pass
around a
set of JavaBeans containing the users information without any problem.
How
do I get this information over to a .ASP app?  Can this even be done?
Short
of passing around XML data structure ala web services, I can't seem to
find
an easy (or hard) way to do this.  Am I simply screwed?

Thanks in advance.  Everyone on the mailing list has been extemely
helpful
over the past few weeks, and I want to express my appreciation for all
of
the help.

Jerry Jalenak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be
confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission
in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at
(800)388-4675.