Subject: Digester rule(s) to reference outer tags
From: "Florian Georg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
Hi,
I want to use the Struts Digester to parse an document like this :

<users>
 <user name="foo">
    <role name="user" />
  </user>
<user name="bar">
    <role name="user" />
    <role name="admin" />
 </user>
</users>

<roles>
  <role name="user">
    <description>User role</description>
  </role>
 <role name="admin">
    <description>Administrator role</description>
  </role>
</roles>

So the problem is, I want to re-use (or better : reference) the defined
roles in an completely independend branch of the hierarchy, given the "name"
of the role.
I thought it's similar to the
<form-bean name="baz"> and <action type="baz"> - rule in the
struts-config.xml, so I looked at the struts sources...
but I just didn't get it :-(

Can anyone give me a hint ?

thanks in advance
  Florian