I'm having a formbean which contains data from some ejb (object containing
some id's, descriptions and boolean values).
In my actionclass I get this bean from the session and fill it with the data
from the ejb.
Then in my formular I'm just having checkboxes to edit the boolean values
(means not all values of the bean are in some field).

When the submitbutton is pressed the data gets send back.
Then struts calls the reset() method of the bean and fills up the data with
the values from the form.
(please correct me when I'm wrong).

When I wanna save the values of the form (sending the obj to the ejb) now
and my reset() method
throws away or resets all the data filled up in the previous actionclass, I
have to load the data again, change the edited data and
then send it to the ejb.

But if my reset() method just sets all boolean values to false (cause only
selected checkboxes return some value)
I can take the data from the session as it comes and send it to the ejb.

So is it really necessarry to reset all data in the reset() method?
How do you do handle this?

And could you please write me how best to handle the ammount of data hold in
the session? (delete the data after saving, set the scope to request)

Hanel Matthias
Fachinformatiker (Anwendungsentwicklung) in Ausbildung
Logistik World GmbH     Fon:    +49-841-9014-300
Marie-Curie-Strasse 6   Fax:    +49-841-9014-302
D- 85055 Ingolstadt     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]