I'm using Struts 1.0 and have run into a problem where
my servlet containers auto-deploy (unpack war file
into an open directory structure) is failing to delete
the necessary directories because the struts.jar is
locked.

Apparently this happens because
Digesters.resolveEntity() returns an InputSource
stream to the local struts-config DTD. This locks the
struts.jar file until I shut down my servlet
container.

This problem doesn't seem to happen when Digester
cannot find the DTD referenced by the public id and
is forced to use the system identifier.

Is there a way I force Digester to use the external
struts-config DTD and not the one in the struts.jar?

robert