Actually, I think I take that back.  You want to
actually skip certain fields if it is an insert or a
delete.  Making a method validation that returns false
(fails) will stop all validation.  You really probably
want a dispatchMethodRequired validator and any other
ones so they skip that validation if it shouldn't be
checked.  The other Validator methods kind of work
like this with required.  Everything else depends on
required, but if you remove the dependecies all those
methods, like mask, check if the field isn't blank
before they perform the validation.  If it is blank,
mask returns true and doesn't really do anything.

David