From: Joseph Barefoot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 2:28 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Please help clarify or confirm -- HttpSession

Kevin wrote:
> It even says that the "shared" class loader exists for "classes and
> resources that you wish to share across ALL web applications".
>
> So as long as you've got a 2.3 compliant container and you can get the
> functionality you need from a static class, then this should work.

Thanks for the support Kevin, I was beginning to wonder if everyone thought
I was wacko for suggesting this. :)  I do realize that this isn't the most
robust or generic solution in the world, but it damn sure would be easy to
implement.

Jerry (or anyone else interested):  If you do test this out, could you
please post your conclusions back to the list?  This has been a very
interesting thread for me (having dealt with classloader craziness in the
past), so I'm curious if theory is backed by reality in this case.

peace,
Joe Barefoot