Are you using Websphere?  If you are, when null String objects get written
to a jsp
they produce a "null".  Early versions of Websphere did not do this but we
had problems
starting with version 3.5.3.

I just put a errors.header= and errors.footer= in the properties file and
it takes care of it,
since I didn't have anything I wanted to display like in the example below.

Tim

                    Jan Fetyko

                    <janof@phase2o

                    nline.com>

                    06/20/2002

                    02:48 PM       To: Struts Users Mailing List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Please respond cc:

                    to "Struts

                    Users Mailing

                    List"

                                          Subject:     Re: html:errors tag funny null
strings

Caterpillar: Confidential Green          Retain Until: 07/20/2002
                                         Retention Category:  G90 -
                                         Information and Reports

Actualy I'm not missing the entry for the error, since it gets writen to
the page, but there are aditional "null" strings.

I have this in properties file:

text.login.password.error=Password is required

on the jsp page I have

but the output on the page is not just: "Password is required"
but : "null Password is required null".

Does that make sense ?

Jf

Celestino Pena wrote:
> In your properties file you are missing entries for "errors" as in...
>
> errors.header=<h3><font color="red">Validation Error</font></h3>You must
> correct the following error(s) before proceeding:<ul>
> errors.footer=</ul><hr>

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>