From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: UML? File organization?

I have been playing with UML and trying to find a good way to do the
upfront design of a struts based application.  Has anyone done this
already and have any suggestions?  I know the use-cases can pretty much
stay the same...

I am also putting together a document on the best way to go about
struturing your directories under struts...  If anyone has any
suggestions I would love to hear it...

I already have stuff like JSPs under the WEB-INF and stuff.  I am trying
to work out the best way to organize all the packages in the src
directory...

Should they be by purpose of the objects like (conventional theory)

com.ebind.hrdata.people;
com.ebind.hrdata.companies;
com.ebind.struts.create;
com.ebind.struts.search;

or more along the lines of struts:

com.ebind.peoplefinder.search;
com.ebind.peoplefinder.create;

We've got two small projects done wth struts and the next ones will be
more complex so I want to get the best practices down (I've printed and
read the husted site a few times already)

Any thoughts would be great - and I will drop the document out here when
its done