From: struts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 12:25 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: Best Practice Question/Conceptual Problem

From: "Kenny Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
Hello,

I'm trying to write my first struts application, and I'm looking for
guidance on how to accomplish a certain task. I've read through the
Struts
Userguide and I've been going through the struts-example application,
but
I'm not exactly sure what concept I'm missing that is keeping me from
wrapping my head around the problem.

I have a list of "markets" in a database table. I have a Market bean
that
can be instantiated to represent a row in the table, and it has static
methods for finding markets by id, creating markets, etc. I would like
my
user to be able to click a "List Active Markets" link and have it take
them
to a page where it lists the markets.

Seems simple enough, but I can't figure out how to make the data
available
to my JSP page. I assume I should use a logic:iterate tag to display
data
for each of the markets, but I just don't understand how I make the data
available to the JSP or logic:iterate tag.

I've been reading and reading, and I can't figure it out, there seems to
be
some piece missing. Can anyone help me? This seems like a fairly
basic/common action, so is there anyone out there that has suggestions
for
the "best practice" solution?

Thanks,
Kenny Smith