From: Abhishek Goel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 12:39 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: html:checkbox tag does not set the checked value

Hi,
i think the value "chkVal" in the <html:checkbox .....>tag is the value that
will
be submitted when you check the box.
so the property attribute isBillable will be given the value "chkVal" when
you
check this value.
Insideform this property will definitely of boolean data type.
now you will assign the value true or false in your frorm class by checking
against the value that has been assigned to this variable "isBillable".
i.e  public void setIsBillable(String billable)
{
    if(billable.equals("chkVal")==true)
    {
        isBillable=true;// else assign to false which is anyway done in
default
    }

}

i hope this will help.