Greetings:
      I know there is much discussion of dynamic forwarding on this list.
My searching has not produced a definitive answer though.

In our project, for various reasons, we will by using javascript to make a
few decisions before a submit happens.   The are several Action classes
that I would like to re-use.
I am new to struts, so I am trying to keep the action small and simple
because I would like to make use of some of the new exception handling
features.

On every page, one or more actions may be called depending on if there is
any unfinished saving to do.
ie: When they hit a side menu option, javascript may say "would like to
save?".  If yes they would be directed to a save action, then on to the
destination page load action.

Anyway My approach is this:

Every page will call a small forward action (similar to the new forward
action) that will look at a request param called "forwardTo_action".
The java script will either place custInfoLoad.do or saveSomeInfo.do.
So if it did go to saveSomeInfo.do, this action would need to know to
continue on the intended action custInfoLoad.do.
The saveSomeInfoAction.do would need to look for a parameter called
"target_action".

targetAction

Then certain re-usable action would look for these as needed and the client
Java script would set as needed.

I know this is a simple approach, but we used something similar on a non
struts project and though not elegant, the pattern seemed to stay intact.

Comments?