Subject: Re: formating
From: "David Bolsover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
Hi Matthias

You don't say in what form your Objects store the datevalue but I'm assuming
that you are using java.sql.Date this being the class most easily used for
database update/retrieve methods.

If you access a from a 'struts' page you will get a date displayed in the
form : 2002-07-01

I have solved this display problem by having getDateString() and
setDateString(String date) in my forms (your Object?).  These methods access
the underlying  java.sql.Date field and do appropriate conversion from/to a
more firendly string format.

This should give you the general direction:

  java.sql.Date  sqlDate = new java.sql.Date(System.currentTimeMillis());
  DateFormat df = DateFormat.getDateInstance(java.text.DateFormat.MEDIUM
Locale.GERMAN);
  System.out.println(df.format(sqlDate));

regards
David