From: cliff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 12:45 PM
To: struts-user
Subject: Re: Struts vs Jsp/javascript..

If your forms are relatively well designed (see other threads in this
list for more info) then page reloads will not be a problem anyway.  In
my experience trying to avoid page reloads opens a whole new can of
worms.  If the content surrounding your forms is the problem, then
perhaps you should look at bumping up the cache for certain types of
content (your images etc. - which should be cached anyway), or even
using a frameset of some description so that the only reloading page is
the form itself.

In my last project I took the approach of trying to avoid pulling
content from the server, which turned out to be more convoluted than I
had bargained for.  This project I have simply optimized the pages that
are reloaded, and the difference is minimum in terms of performance, and

maximum in terms of development effort.