From: Cedric Dumoulin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 8:01 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Tiles DTD Not Found?

  We are currently in the process of moving Tiles from the contrib directory
to the main struts directory.
  It looks like the digester used to parse Tiles definition file can't find
the appropriate DTD. Normally, the digester is configured to look for the
DTD at specified URL, and in a special place in class directories. But this
later has changed during the moving process, and the digester code haven't
been updated accordingly. I have added the new place in the list of
registered places. The update should be available in the next nightly build.

        Cedric

Jerry Jalenak wrote:

> I just brought down the latest nightly build of Struts 1.1b.  I'm now
> getting the following error when I try to access my struts-tiles
> definitions.  Did something change?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jerry
>
> 2002-07-01 13:50:04 - Ctx(/MemberSolutions) : Exception in R(
> /MemberSolutions + /login.as + null) - javax.servlet.ServletException:
Error
> while parsing file '/WEB-INF/xml/tiles-config.xml'. External entity not
> found: "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config.dtd";.
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.initComponentDefinitionsMappi
> ng(ActionComponentServlet.java:124)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.init(ActionComponentServlet.j
> ava:107)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(ServletHandler.java:447)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(ServletHandler.java:263)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartupI
> nterceptor.java:136)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.init(Context.java:542)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:597)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.initContextManager(EmbededTomcat.jav
> a:564)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute1(EmbededTomcat.java:703)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat$1.run(EmbededTomcat.java:687)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support$PrivilegedProxy.run(Jdk12Support.
> java:190)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support.doPrivileged(Jdk12Support.java:10
> 0)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute(EmbededTomcat.java:685)
>         at

> )
>         at

> .java:25)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.execute(IntrospectionUtils.java:87
> )
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.execute(Main.java:313)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.main(Main.java:140)
> Root cause:
> org.apache.struts.tiles.DefinitionsFactoryException: Error while parsing
> file '/WEB-INF/xml/tiles-config.xml'. External entity not found:
> "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/tiles-config.dtd";.
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFile(I18nFactor
> ySet.java:538)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.parseXmlFiles(I18nFacto
> rySet.java:466)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.createDefaultFactory(I1
> 8nFactorySet.java:294)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.initFactory(I18nFactory
> Set.java:267)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.initFactory(I18nFactory
> Set.java:215)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet.<init>(I18nFactorySet.j
> ava:168)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ReloadableDefinitionsFactory.createFactor
> y(ReloadableDefinitionsFactory.java:196)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.definition.ReloadableDefinitionsFactory.<init>(Reloa
> dableDefinitionsFactory.java:103)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.DefinitionsUtil.createDefinitionsFactory(Definitions
> Util.java:215)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.initComponentDefinitionsMappi
> ng(ActionComponentServlet.java:119)
>         at

org.apache.struts.tiles.ActionComponentServlet.init(ActionComponentServlet.j
> ava:107)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(ServletHandler.java:447)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(ServletHandler.java:263)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartupI
> nterceptor.java:136)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.init(Context.java:542)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:597)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.initContextManager(EmbededTomcat.jav
> a:564)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute1(EmbededTomcat.java:703)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat$1.run(EmbededTomcat.java:687)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support$PrivilegedProxy.run(Jdk12Support.
> java:190)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.Jdk12Support.doPrivileged(Jdk12Support.java:10
> 0)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.startup.EmbededTomcat.execute(EmbededTomcat.java:685)
>         at

> )
>         at

> .java:25)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.execute(IntrospectionUtils.java:87
> )
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.execute(Main.java:313)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Main.main(Main.java:140)
>
> This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be
advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.

For additional commands, e-mail: