On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 10:53:13AM +0100, Jim Clayson wrote:
> I don't know how to use the search! I mean I use the search by
> plonking words in the text input box but I'm wondering whether I'm
> using a spaceship to go and buy bread on the corner - if you know
> what I mean. How sophisticated is the search mechanism?

I don't know which archive of the struts-user list you're using (there
are several on the web), but the most common one I've seen cited here
is the one on mail-archive.com.

Personally, I haven't had too much luck with searching
mail-archive.com.  It seems to get the threading wrong most of the
time, and the "previous" and "next" buttons usually do the wrong thing
(IMHO).  But they do provide a valuable service.  The archive updates
with new messages amazingly quickly, and the whole site is
lightning-fast to use.

> Can someone please point me to a doc or previous post if applicable?

http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#search

Ok, now that I've read that I understand why I've been having problems
with mail-archive.  They only thread and index-by-date the newest 1000
messages in each list.  This makes me feel better.. it's not broken
software, just good old-fashioned resource constraints. :)

Cheers.

--
Jonathan Fuerth - SQL Power Group Inc.
(416)218-5551 (Toronto); 1-866-SQL-POWR (Toll-Free)