From: Dave Weis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 8:00 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Problem with empty file upload field

Hello

I've got file uploading working fine with Struts 1.1b1. I can upload
files with no problem, but I receive an error if I try to submit the
form with the file field on it with no file selected. I'm using a normal
action form, not a dynamic form. This is the error that I receive:

500 Servlet Exception

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:1574)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:1468)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.java:14
98)
        at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:613)
        at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:952)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j
ava:795)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:244)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1109)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:470)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:165)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:9
6)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:311)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:342)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java:272
)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:137)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I found some other people in the archives that had similar problems but
I never saw a solution.

Thanks
dave

For additional commands, e-mail: