I think you may have upgraded the Commons Validator
jar, but not Struts.  The SERVLET_CONTEXT_KEY was
removed from this class to try to completely separate
it from Struts and the web layer.  Try using the
Commons Validator that comes in the nightly download
for the version you are using.

David

--- "Chilukuri, Pratap N Mr USAREC"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am getting "500 Servlet action:unable to service
> request: Servlet action
> threw the

exception:java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:org.apache.commons.validator.Validatior