Hi Craig,

thanks for your answere!!
I figured out the right solution!! It works now.

> I think a small example test case would be really helpful, as I'm having a
> hard time understanding what the issue is.
Of course!!

Maybe that makes it more clear:

 <action      path="/trinkwasserform"
     type="trinkwasser.TrinkwasserInputAction"
     name="trinkwasserInputForm"
     scope="session"
     input="/application/datensteckbriefe/forms/form_trinkwasser.jsp">
  <forward name="edit"
path="/application/datensteckbriefe/forms/form_trinkwasser.jsp"/>
  <forward name="preview"
path="/application/datensteckbriefe/forms/form_trinkwasser_preview.jsp"/>
  <forward name="success" path="/app/trinkwasser_portal"/>
 </action>

> For me, and for basically
> every other Struts user, the controller is invoked once per HTTP request
> that has a URL pattern mapped to the controller (i.e. things that end in
> "*.do" in the struts-example app), so I don't understand what you mean by
> "the controller only gets executed once".

Yes, now it is like that and it works so you are right ;))
I came up with my wrong conclusion since I was printing something to the
tomcat log (servlet.log("xxx");
in my Controller. There was not always an entry when I was executing it.

Rainer