I usually refer to it as the "ostrich syndrome", as in:

"The majority of the people in the U.S. are suffering from ostrich syndrome
regarding the country's foreign policy.  Most are  unfortunately also
suffering from tunnel-vision and temporal myopia, two conditions which
commonly afflict people world-wide".

;)