    Cedric>   Hi,

    Cedric>   The prefer way to enable Tiles in Struts1.1 is now to specify the Tiles
    Cedric> plugin in each struts-config. If you do that, you don't need to specify the
    Cedric> TilesRequestProcessor and the ActionComponentServlet.

    Cedric>   For backward compatibility, the old methods to initialize Tiles still
working
    Cedric> (i.e: ActionComponentServlet + TilesRequestProcessor). Using such methods
will
    Cedric> generate some warning messages incitating you to use the new methods.

Curious.  I'm not initializing Tiles in any way.  My JSP page uses a
"tiles:insert" wrapping some "put"s with specified content, and my layout page
uses "tiles:insert" and "tiles:getAsString" elements.  All of this works fine.
I don't see any warnings.  Perhaps the initialization strategies are only
necessary if you use definitions and definition references?