Subject: Re: How do I navigate from one subApp to another in Struts1.1?
From: Serge Shikov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ===
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>>>The tempting way to do this is to do something like

>>>and mark the "foo" forward as being context relative.  However, this will
>>>ONLY work if you are switching to the default sub-app, because you'd be
>>>bypassing the controller servlet where sub-app selection is performed.
>>>
>>>The better way is to make your link go through an <action> that uses the
>>>standard SwitchAction class.  This wants you to send along the application
>>>prefix of the sub-app you want to switch to, as well as a resource in that
>>>sub-app to forward to after the switch.

Craig, I have another related question. This way I can switch from
sub-app (A) to another sub-app (B). This is something like low-level
goto in programming languages. What about call? How can I return later
from B to A, to the point "below" call? For example, I have
master-detail form in my application. How can I call from master form
(one sub-application, really not one page but many pages and actions) to
detail form (other sub-app, many pages and actions too), edit detail
item (or create another one), and then return to the same master item?
How this could be done?