From: Yang, Pedro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 4:57 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [OT] What do you do with your SQL?

Where you actually place your SQL logic (statements) sometimes has a lot to
do:
(1) what DBMS your system is using (MS SQL Server, Oracle, to name a few);
(2) what DB development resource and knowledge your team has.

If a right DBMS is used, with the sufficient DB knowledge, the stored
procedures can be a good solution.
The common pitfall with this approach is to hardcode the SP name and
parameters in the Java codes.  To avoid this problem, you can store the
values in a xml file.