My personal feeling (as primary author of Struts) is that I only care
about supporting Struts on J2EE-compatible platforms (currently J2EE 1.3),
or on a web container supporting Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1 if you don't need
EJBs directly.  I'm not at all interested in supporting bastardized
versions -- although BroadVision (or anyone else) is of course free to
fork it and maintain their own copy.

If BroadVision doesn't support the standard capabilities of Servlet 2.2
and JSP 1.1 so that standard Struts runs on it, I wouldn't ever willingly
use it for anything.  It's not just Struts and all of the innovation there
that you give up -- you also give up the ability to utilize any other
technology based on standard servlet and JSP APIs.  You're basically stuck
with a proprietary infrastructure that is going to get increasingly
farther from the future standards of J2EE.

If unmodified Struts will run on BroadVision and they still prefer a "roll
your own" MVC framework -- well, everyone likes to recommend what they are
familiar with.  You might find yourself though, being one of the many
people who started down the road of building their own framework and
coming back to Struts because it was costing too much effort that was
spent on the framework instead of the application :-).

Craig McClanahan