What does your jsp look like?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Blackmon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 9 August 2002 12:09 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: form fields not showing in jsp after being set?

I have an a large amount of input across two separate jsp pages that is set
by one bean. I'm able to write the information
from both pages correctly but I'm having difficulties reading the bean and
then repopulating the two pages separately in order
to allow editing. Given the following definitions and code, I can't get the
values set in the forms to show in the pages. I'm not
getting any error messages, just blanks.....

  <form-bean name="memberOneForm" type="com.egps.forms.MemberOneForm"/>

<action
  path="/editMember"
  name="memberOneForm"
  scope="request"
  input="/membersList.jsp"
  type="com.egps.actions.EditMemberAction"
  validate="false">
  <forward name="Success" path="/memberOne.jsp"/>
 </action>

public class EditMemberAction extends Action {

 public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
   HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
Exception {

   String action = "";
   HttpSession session = null;
   session = request.getSession(true);
   DBConnection con = null;
   int memberID = 0;

   String sID = request.getParameter("memberID");
   Integer Int = new Integer(sID);
   memberID = Int.intValue();
   session.setAttribute(IConstants.STATE, "edit");

System.out.println("EDIT MEMBER ACTION....");

   if(memberID > 0) {

    try {
             con = DBCommandFactory.getConnection();
             MemberBean memberBean = MemberCommandFactory.searchReturn(con,
memberID);
             session.setAttribute(IConstants.CURRENT_MEMBER_BEAN,
memberBean);
             MemberOneForm memberOneForm = (MemberOneForm) form;
             memberOneForm.setLastName("aaarrrrgggghhhh");        // HAPPENS
IN FORM BUT NOT VISIBLE
             memberOneForm.setFirstName("bbbbbbrrraaggghhh!");    // HAPPENS
IN FORM BUT NOT VISIBLE
             LoadLookupsFactory.setMemberLookups(con, memberID);
        // THE VALUES IN THE BEAN COPIED TO THE FORM ARE NOT VISIBLE IN THE
JSP THOUGH
        // THE SETTERS IN THE FORM ARE BEING CALLED IN THE TWO METHODS ABOVE
             PropertyUtils.copyProperties(memberOneForm, memberBean);
    }catch(EGPSCommandException e) {
     System.out.println("EditMemberAction ERROR: " + e.getMessage());
     e.printStackTrace();
    } finally {
     if(con != null) {
      try {
       con.close();
      }catch(Exception e) {}
     } // end if
    } // end try/catch
   }
}
   return mapping.findForward(IConstants.SUCCESS_KEY);
 } // end execute()

Thanks,
Bill