Maybe you'd care to elaborate a bit on what server you're using -
version and such.  Knowing which version of Struts you're using would be
helpful too.  Also, I assume you're using the html:link tag, but you
didn't say that.  Maybe you could restate your question a bit more
completely?  Are you 110% sure that you don't have cookies disabled?

Regards,

Eddie

(Oh, and, you realize that there are a myriad of over-paranoid folks out
there that are going to turn off JavaScript and cookies, right?  If
cookies are disabled, URL rewriting is a good thing.)