Danny,

  A couple things: First, the path attribute should
begin with a "/". When the ExceptionHandler has its
execute() method called, if the path is specified, it
creates an ActionForward on the fly using the path
attribute that you specify. Otherwise, the input
attribute is used from the action mapping. Take a look
at the JavaDoc for the "path" property in the
org.apache.struts.config.ForwardConfig class and see if
that helps to some sense of what's going on.

Chuck