> Cool, but how do I i18n the text so that I can put it in the request?

Put an <init-param> element inside the <servlet> element of the
web.xml file of the servlet, referring to the Struts Action servlet,
that refers to a resource bundle.

Eg.
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>
      <param-value>MyResources</param-value>
    </init-param>

This will refer to files named
        /WEB-INF/classes/MyResources.properties
        /WEB-INF/classes/MyResources_no.properties
        /WEB-INF/classes/MyResources_en_GB.properties

The .properties files contains key/value pairs, where the keys are the
keys given to <bean:message> and the values are what is shown.

In the example above "_no" designates a file with Norwegian values,
and "_en_GB" designates a file with UK English values.

The file named MyResources.properties contain the default values.