From: David Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 3:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Servlet Validation

Hi,
I want all my jsps to be called through the ActionServlet instead of
directly through a url.  I've subclassed ActionServlet and overridden the
process() method to do authentication.  So, on every request it will check
if the user is logged in and then provide the page they asked for.  How do I
set this up?  Here's my feeble attempt in the struts-config file:

<action
name="bogusForm"
type="com.ibm.sdfreg.action.AccountIndexAction"
path="/account/"
scope="request"
validate="false">
    <forward name="success" path="/account/index.jsp" />
</action>

There is no bogusForm bean defined and the AccountIndexAction.perform()
method just forwards to the success page.  I want the user to type in this
url http://host/account/ and get the index page.  Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Dave

For additional commands, e-mail: