I just got J2EE container managed security working and now I'd like to
add roles to my struts action.  I downloaded the Struts 1.1b2 and have
it installed.  When I add a role to my action:

    <!-- Process a user logon -->
    <action    path="/login"
               type="com.idtect.oemserver.web.LoginAction"
               name="loginForm"
              scope="request"
              input="/login.jsp"
              roles="idtect_readonly">

I get the following error:

HTTP Status 400 - User is not authorized to access action /login

I was expecting it to display a login box.  So then I protected a JSP
using the web.xml file and accessed the JSP  (getting the login box and
logging in).  I retried my action and got the same error.  This puzzled
me because I was already logged in.

I know this is a new feature, but if anyone has any examples or a link
to some documentation on this I'd greatly appreciate.  The thought of
specifying security for each action in my web.xml really bothers me.  I
think this roles attribute is a great addition to Struts.

Michael