Hello,

Sorry for this off topic post, put I am trying to put the final pieces
together that will enable me to write a portable struts application that
uses CMA, or maybe a security filter (maybe Max's or something similar).

I have a couple of questions about assigning Principals in my custom
JAAS LoginModule. First, can I assign "role" Principals to the Subject
in my LoginModule, or are roles strictly declared in the deployment
descriptor and assigned by the container?

Second, is it a true statement to say that I must set container specific
User and Role Principal types on my Subject in order for the
getUserPrincipal() and isUserInRole(String) methods (defined on
HttpServletRequest) to work? If this is not a true statement then I am
missing something...how can the container know which principal is the
authenticated user principal?

Now I have one more question. Is there a way for me to map roles, via
the deployment descriptor, to named principals of a certain type? How do
I say that a user is granted "roleA" if said user is a member of
"userGroupA", where the group principal is a Principal of type
foo.Group? From what I can tell, roles are mapped in the deployment
descriptor strictly based on the presence of any principal type with a
given name.

Thanks so much for your help!

Troy