hi,

I know this is a struts-maillist but as the beanutils are
commonly used with struts (and I didnt get any feedback in
the commons-user list) I dare to ask my question here. :)

i recently came over the very useful classes
of the BeanUtils package. however, i have some problems...

for testing, i simply wanted to use the copyProperties
method to populate the values of one object to an other
(empty) object.

i created a class with different properties (int, float,
String, Hashtable, Vector) and the corresponding getters/
setters.

everything worked fine (the values were copied :) ) except
for the Vector which gave me an error:

Error in PropertyUtils.copyProperties():
Property vecElem has no getter method

however, I have a method "public Vector getVecElem()" and even
(for other usage) "public Object getVecElem(int idx)".

I also tried to used the ArrayList instead of a Vector what helps
to get rid of the error message, however, the values are not
copied.

Are Lists not supported with the BeanUtils? Am I simply doing
something wrong? Maybe someone can help me newbie...

Thanks a lot!