No, the logic:present and logic:notPresent simply check for the existence of
some object in some scope.

The "org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" just provides for a unique key so
that one's application objects does not overwrite the frameworks.

Hope that helps

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta