I apologize Craig, you did explain this but not in this much detail.  I
wasn't aware of the solution of protecting all *.do URLs with a role of
* (or as you suggest a group everyone is in) and then doing finer
grained security with Struts.  That makes a lot of sense, thank you for
clarifying that!

Michael